Becky Stover’s Cushion Cleaner
After years of experience cleaning and caring for outdoor fabrics, founder Becky Stover has this down to a science. Here is her time tested cleaning method.
2 gallons of warm water
1 cup of liquid Tide
1/2 cup of Oxyclean
(for really, really dirty cushions you might add 1/4 cup of Chlorox Bleach. Remember to always test first!)
1. Test. Test cleaning products on an inconspicuous area on a sunny day.
2. Vacuum. Vacuum to get off any dry, loose debris (like pollen, dust, leaf debris, etc.)
3. Hose. Wet the cushions first using regular water from a hose.
4. Scrub. Gently scrub with solution and a soft bristle brush. Let the solution sit for 15 minutes. Repeat. Scrub once more (or until cushion is clean).
5. Hose. Rinse thoroughly.
6. Tilt. Open zipper and tilt cushion with zipper on bottom so water can drain out.
7. Dry. Let cushions dry in the sun.
8. Apply. Apply a coating of 303 Protectant.