Designing your outdoor space: Bring in a photo!
To find the perfect furniture for you and your family, it helps to have a bit of information about your space. Beyond colors, fabric, and pillows, you need patio sets that complement the use of your space. Here’s how to get prepare:
Bring in a photo of your space
When you make the decision to start shopping and visit us at Stover Hearth & Patio, please bring in a photo of your space. Precise measurements are helpful and eventually necessary, but in the early stages of shopping a photo communicates your needs.
The best style of furniture is one that complements your home. Just as a gorgeous pair of shoes could still clash with your outfit, a lovely piece of furniture may not match your precise area. We’re looking at items such as:
- Size – is it small or large? Are there any potential quirks or problem spots?
- Style – what styles do you already have with your home? What colors and patterns could complement or clash with your current space? Do you have natural textures like brick or stone? Is your style contemporary, modern, traditional, transitional?
- Window placement – are there low hanging windows? Is there trim that could bump into the backs of patio sets?
- Flooring – are there uneven stones or deck planks? Are rockers not recommended? Should we worry about even sliding of dining chairs? Is it going in a sun-room or with carpeting?
- Lighting – do you have any protection from the weather? Should we avoid lighter furniture for high wind areas, or avoid printed fabrics for full sun exposure?
Is your space under construction? That’s ok! Just check out the photo below. Knowing the potential of a pergola with the other textures of stone, brick, and gravel, are highly helpful. With those items combined, black furniture helps balance the space until construction has been completed. We can’t wait to see the completed project!